Our first meeting this year will be September 10, 2019 and we are looking forward to another great season of informative speakers. If you haven’t attended lately, a reminder that Estate Planners Council of Hamilton is an excellent way to rub shoulders with local colleagues in similar and other estate planning roles to discuss relevant and current issues. What a great way to increase your knowledge and presence in and around Hamilton to improve your business!
Here are some of the educational topics you may have missed last year:
- We kicked off the year with a court update on Medical Assistance in Dying (MAiD),
- Impact of inter-generational wealth transitions
- How graduated rate estates (GRE) affect charitable donations
- Recent topical court cases that affect estate planning and admin
- Overview of Family Law and its effects on estate planning
- Business Succession Planning – our privilege to hear our own Bruce Horsley present for his last time
- Passive Investing in a Corp – new rules
- And last but not least, a tax update for 2019.
We hope to see you all again soon!